Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A Love Letter

To X, Louis & Steddles – I miss our Sunday Brunches and Happy Hours, plotting out plans for OBD. I miss hitting up the Ter-gat, searching for bargains and writing each others personal ads. I miss text messaging after American Idol to determine who should stay and I miss wine tastings at Jerry’s.

To Miss V – I miss our lunches, talking about work and our goals, knitting and your family. I miss our afternoon walks and conspiring over Fish Tacos. I miss coming over for dinner and being overwhelmed with children and playing the Weeeeeeeeee.

To Gilbert – I miss our afternoon coffee breaks and mini-snark sessions. It’s just not the same via IM.

To NL - I miss happy hour @ Hall Street and Mingo’s, learning more about the amazing person that you are. You inspire me & I can't wait to meet C.

To Sweetcheeks and my FDB’s – I miss lunches at PF Changes. I miss pretending to know sports just to hang out with you & enjoy your company. I might miss drinking your vodka, but I don’t miss losing my shoes. Ya’ll Rock.

To my Arizona (&soon to be CO) peeps & my family– I miss you always, so not much is new. I just miss you more.

To the former Ms. Sox & hubby – see above. I hope you don’t have Rabies from the MouseCoke Incident of 2008. Much Love.

To Monkey – my Boise Girl, I miss our long phone conversations and being able to run everything by you when I have a decision to make. I miss hearing about your crazy adventures at Sonic and all the things you’d never thought you’d say before you had a kid.

To all my other friends – I miss you too. I just don’t have as much to blog about. Drop me a line and keep me updated, I'd love to hear from you.

And last, to Sabine – I miss you most of all. I miss you sleeping beside me...inching closer and closer until you are practically on top of me. I miss our walks and trips to the dog park and how you keep giving me your Kong (over & over & over again) in hopes that I will give you more peanut butter. I miss the way you sneak between my legs when you are nervous so that I will protect you. I’m so sorry baby, I know you don’t understand why I left and I want you to know that I will be a better (dog)mom when I get home. I promise.

7 comments:

Veroknitka said...

Miss you too babe...can't wait until you get back!

Jayna Shaye said...

I miss you like crazy and I am already plotting my Portland run as soon as you get back! The time is going by faster than you think. You'll be home in no time.

Monkey

Unknown said...

I ALWAYS miss you. "Always My Baby You'll Be" Miss you in the morning, miss you in the evening, miss you in the summertime...guess that pretty well sums it up.

Grain Damaged said...

...and don't forget Church of Craft!! It's been too long. Looking forward to your triumphant return. You're the best! ((hugs))
~Gilly

stedman said...

So one month down, one month to go! I can't wait to resume our breakfasts! I have so much fun stuff to talk with you about!

Anonymous said...

oh, we miss you, too!!!! xoxoxox.

Anonymous said...

I miss you too!! Hee hee, can't believe I got my very own shoutout. Your blog has totally cheered me up all the way back here in gloomy beavertonia land, its the only thing that's made me giggle today. Can't wait for you to get back!