Sunday, April 20, 2008

On Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

This morning I hopped on the subway and headed over to Nondaemun market to do some shopping and see the Gate. Sadly, some lunatic set fire to the millenia old Grand Gate a few months ago, essentially destroying this national treasure. I knew they were working on restoration but had hoped for a glimpse...no such luck. They've got the thing locked up tighter than Fort Knox and there isn't even a point to posting photos of the pathetic wall around it.

So, I wandered the market for awhile had some lunch and then decided to head back to my side of town. In a stroke of genius I decided that I should head over to the COEX mall first to pick up a few more souvenirs. Mmmmm, hmmm. The mall on a Sunday afternoon. Have I mentioned I don't like crowds? I must be outta my effing mind.

At this point, I've been on my feet for about 4 hours and am starting to get a wee bit cranky so I decided to attempt to see a movie. At the theatre here they have these handy little flyers you can look at to decide what you want to see. So, I picked the two English language choices and began the long road to movie magic.

Movie 1 - American Thriller I know nothing about staring (my crush since 7th grade) Brendan Fraser:


Movie 2 - American Thriller I know nothing about staring Milo Ventima...cutiePie from Heroes:


Armed with my flyers, I went to the ticket counter and tried to figure out what time they played to see if that could help me with my decision. But, of course, that doesn't help at all because the electronic signs move to fast for me to read:

I'm so tired and frustrated that I burst into to tears and start to walk out when, low and behold, I nearly walk into a small sign with todays times printed out and noted with their english titles. So, I went to see Pathology and boy am I glad because now you, my faithful friends and beloved family, don't have to. Although milo does have a pretty cute butt.

No comments: