Thursday, February 21, 2008

Benny Hill is alive and well

Do ya'll remember when Benny Hill used to have those moments set to music where everyone was running around in caos? Well, this week was a lot like that for me. The best example was this afternoon when we had conference call planned with the new team in Seoul. Apparently H gave D the wrong number to call, so we ended up talking to the big boss (IK), who was unable to either transfer us or give us the correct number to call. We didn't know what our number was either, since we were in an unfamiliar conference room. So, we had IK call *company* to ask for the conference room in order to procure the correct number so he could relay that to the team in Korea. If my explanation sounds complicated and insane you should have witnessed the actual "meeting." I have deep concerns that this whole trip is going to be complicated and confusing. Moving on...

My travel has been officially booked and I will be leaving the states on March 7. I leave Korea May 2 only to return to Portland 2 hours earlier the same day after a 15 hour flight. The space time continuum has been breached. I will be flying first & business class, for the first & probably only time so I plan to take pictures regardless of the dirty looks I get from fellow passengers.

This afternoon I submitted the paperwork for my business visa and received my corporate American Express. I find it ironic that the two have nothing to do with each other yet sound the same. Anyway, it took me 3 tries and multiple phone calls to get the paperwork in order for the visa. I love when you are instructed to "fill the form out very carefully" but not given any instructions. I didn't have any of the info in regards to my sponsors, local address, type of passport (mine is an "OR" for ordinary) nor did I have my full itinerary yet, which I was supposed to enclose. Not to mention the fact that all of the date formats were different on the form (i.e. 2008/02/21 v. 02/21/2008), I mean, shoot - how hard is it to pick one and stick with it?

I'm sorry if this blog is disconjointed (is that a word?) but it's been a nutso week. To exit on an up-note I will include a video from my new crush. His names is Jason Castro and he is on American Idol...normally I kinda loathe that show but this kid just makes me happy, so enjoy.

No comments: