Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Did you get the memo?

It seems that everyday another item comes up that needs to be addressed during my trip, and I'm starting to stress out. I'm soooo tired of the corporate red tape and worried about the lack of support network. I'm irritated that new projects keep popping up for the LCC, when they can't even handle what they've got right now. I'm concerned about taking on "training" tasks while not receiving any back-up for my regular workload. April is the busiest month for me in my normal category, usually leading to mad amounts of overtime. Last year I had 2 temps devoted to help me and barely made my deadlines. This year I have no temps, 3 more styles and have to re-name all of my carryover product...supposedly I can use the LCC to help me, but isn't their lack of training the reason I'm going over there in the first place?

To top it off, one of our PLM's told me a story about being tricked into eating "cows blood soup" while out in Korea. When he asked if that was tofu floating in it they explained it was coagulated blood & mucus. Yumm-o. I'm down to try new things but if anyone tricks me into eating something gnarly I have no problem retaliating with projectile vomit.

**Footnote: The LCC is the new PA team in Seoul. We use a lot of acronyms at work - I have a binder with at least 3 pages of them and I swear we come up with a new one every week. My personal favorite is MIU. It's what I do when someone submits an URGENT request but doesn't explain what they need. I just Make It Up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha - was that Hurricane that told you that story?! Hey, if anyone offers you Sea Cucumber - DECLINE - it's not a vegetable!
J