Thursday, February 28, 2008

When in doubt - Eat!

It's been a rough week and to counteract the stress I've eaten my way to hapiness. So much for watching the weight - I'll have to save that resolution for next year but what else is new? In terms of trip planning things are simultenously coming together and falling apart. For everything I get done something else pops up in it place...but at least it's moving.

Had a bit of a meltdown today and spent close to two hours venting to my boss. I feel better knowing that she is aware of the challenges we are up against, even if she might be powerless to change them. On the good news, an email from Shakes and my little meltdown have resulted in me getting a better computer to take with me. Score one for the good guys.

I had to do a tutorial on the expense tracking system today and apparently whoever designed the tutorial doesn't have much faith in the users. The tutorial was "hosted" by an animated aircraft named Planey - something that I would have been really impressed by if I were, say, seven years old. Anyway, I made it through to our destination with Planey's help and now I am an authorized user. Unfortunately, the program doesn't work on a mac so I won't be able to use it anyway. I'm going to end up FedExing my reciepts over and my boss gets the pleasure of itemizing every one. Sucker.

My passport & visa arrived at HQ today so I should have them in my grubby little hands tomorrow and my new itinerary has been confirmed. I picked up my meds at the VA and it *only* took an hour and twenty minutes. One thing the VA pharmacy is good for (besides cheap drugs) is making you appreciate how precious your time is.

Finally, I took Sabine to the vet and she is okay - she has some swelling on her left ear that hasn't gone away and I wanted to get it checked. The doctor thinks it's either irritation from when she got nipped at the dog park or it's from violently shaking her head due to allergies. Either way, she was not very concerned about it and Sabine must be okay because today she not only learned to type, but she started her own blog! Check out the link on the right. Special thanks to Auntie V for helping her out - it really made my day!!

1 comment:

Shakes said...

Glad we could get the computer thing sorted out for you. Hopefully that will make things run a bit smoother for you while you're here.