Monday, March 3, 2008

Murphy's Law Strikes Again

I woke up energized this morning and ready to cross things off my list. I had grand plans of getting a bunch of work done before heading out for a long lunch break at the emissions testing center, followed by a few shopping errands. So, I logged on to DEQ's website to get directions and, low and behold, they are closed on Mondays. Okay, initiate plan two - move DEQ to tomorrow and take care of the shopping today with V. Everything was going swimmingly until we hit the parking lot at Target and discovered that I had a flat tire. Ugh, here I am, ready to leave for two months and I have to deal with all this automotive crap for a car that will just be sitting in my drive way. Go figure.

Anyway, it turned out okay. I bought some fix-a-flat, dropped V at work and took the afternoon off determined to clean up that to do list. I got the tire repaired and they must have sensed the crazed look in my eyes because they didn't charge me. I made all the other stops on my list, got quotes for airport shuttles and, although I haven't found a new laptop bag, I'm confident that I've done enough shopping. I even came home and took a cat nap. Now, let's just hope that stupid car passes emissions tomorrow.

P.S. A little icing on my day - I just got that speeding ticket in the mail and it's 200-fricking-dollars! For 10 miles over the speed limit? That's $20 a mile people- how on earth is that justified? It's not like I was driving through a playground of children!

3 comments:

Shakes said...

I rocked the Targus bag IT gave me and it's worked out quite nicely. There's a spot for everything and it all stays contained for the most part.

Peanut said...

I agree, it's a good bag for transporting the laptop, but I was aiming for something that would be dual purpose. I'd like to be able to carry one bag with my personal/work stuff and the computer...rather than having to juggle 2 bags.

Anonymous said...

hang in there...in a wee while you won't be thinking about any of this. you'll be eating lots of weird meats and drinking to out drink boolimers. plum wine. it will be your best friend and worst enemy.

xo.
slls-c