Thursday, May 1, 2008

Got my bags all packed, I'm ready to go...

After spending the last two hours packing and re-packing I'm finally satisfied that I'm ready to leave, and I only had to throw away 2 outfits to make room for gifts! Keep your fingers crossed that I'm not over the weight limit because I really don't want to have to open these bags at the airport.

I'm so glad to be going home. My stay here has been interesting but I'm starting to have negative thoughts about many things Korea, and that makes me sad. This city can just be very unfriendly and, let's be honest, kinda filthy. My skin and lungs and sinuses are gasping for fresh air and I can't wait until I can spend a day without hacking or having to rinse my eyes because they burn so badly from the pollutants.

That said, I spent most of the afternoon in Insadong, my favorite area of the city. It's the one place that feels unique to Korea and is full of little boutiques and art galleries. It was a beautiful, sunshiny day and I got a slight sunburn walking from shop to shop. I spent a slight fortune on souvenirs, but compared to other cities the prices are pretty reasonable. And I think you guys are probably worth it.

Be home Friday afternoon. XO

No comments: