Thursday, March 20, 2008

Another Day, Another Dalla'


I woke this morning in a really great mood, ready for a fantastic day. And then I logged in to my work email. Ugh. I've been frustrated with many of our business practices for a long time, but you don't realize how bad things are until you try to explain it to someone else. I feel that we've hired these bright young PAs to help us out but have thrown them in to a broken system & are expecting them to fix it. If we don't rethink the way we currently operate we are going to be in a world of hurt. Anyway, I don't want to go into a lot of detail on the world wide web, but it's been a long week and I'm looking forward to Friday.

I'm so deep in football illustrations and red tape that by the time I come home I just want to crash. Last night I managed to go out and explore some new areas but chickened out when it came to trying a restaurant. It's not so much that I'm afraid of the food, but that I don't know how to order when a menu consists of listings like this: 밥 사발. I don't want to point at something and end up with the Raw Eel Delight. So, I bought some premaid meals at the 7-11 and ate in front of the TV. Hopefully after I'm here a little longer I'll grow some cajones and spend more weeknights out on the town.

Tomorrow night I'm going to see The Other Boleyn Girl with Jinju and Danny. I really have no interest in this particular movie because, well, it looks pretty bad. But, I thought it was so nice of them to invite me. I had mentioned that I really like the movies but that I didn't know how to read the schedules and buy a ticket. I think they feel sorry for me - but who cares! I have Korean friends!

I bought a subway pass the other day so I'm ready to test out some new areas. I'm thinking of going either to Insadong, which is the more traditional area of temples & markets, or to Hangik, the local artsy neighborhood near a major university. We'll see how I feel - I reserve the right to change my mind at the last minute and go to E-Mart.

Finally, I've been looking into tours of the de-militarized zone (DMZ). You can only go with one of the guides and you must wear appropriate dress (no jeans, no tee shirts, etc), which means I have to buy some new clothes. I'd like to find some nicer things anyway so I can keep up with the cute girls at the office. So, keep your fingers crossed that I can find some XXXXXL dress pants this weekend. Cause I *Love* shopping so much.

Oh, and that little jingle that the washing machine plays? It has gone from charming to evil.

2 comments:

Veroknitka said...

OMG. Sounds like fun. The Other Boleyn Girl hugh? I wonder if Natalie and Scarlet will sound Korean with british accents?

Unknown said...

Raw Eel Delight, Korean Movies, Demilitarized Zones, and Korean Subways. Geez, what an adventure!

Can't wait to see the photos!